1/2 a cup (110g) of vegan butter/margarine
1/3 + tbsp (880g) of Total Sweet®
Finley grated zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp (10g) of cornflour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of mixed spice (pumpkin spice)
1 + 2/3 cup (200g) of plain all purpose flour
2.5 oz (70g) of currants
1-2 tbsp of non-dairy milk
2 tbsp of maple syrup
3 tsp of milk
Total Sweet® for sprinkling over Easter biscuits
Why not try this festive vegan Easter biscuits… Tasty to eat and easy to make…
1. Preheat your oven to 200ºC and prep two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the butter/margarine, Total Sweets® and lemon zest together until smooth and creamy.
3. Whisk in baking powder, cornflour and mixed spices in.
4. Add currants and plain flour, then mix all together with a wooden spoon.
5. Slowly add in enough milk to bring the mixture together ad into a ball of dough.
6. Lightly flour a flat surface and roll the dough out to about 5mm 1/4 inch thick.
7. Use a fluted 6cm round cutter and cut as many rounds as you can.
8. Bring scraps together, knead to join the dough together again and cut out more biscuits.
9. Space biscuits apart on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
10. In the meantime, mix together the milk and maple syrup in a small bowl.
11. carefully brush the easter biscuits with the maple syrup mixture.
12. Next, lightly sprinkle total Sweet® and return to oven for 5 minutes until cooked through or golden brown.
13. Transfer the cooked biscuits to a colling wire rack and then store in a airtight container.