50g sugar free cocoa powder
190g Total Sweet Xylitol
140g smooth sugar free peanut butter
2Tbs sugar free chestnut puree*
2 tbsp water
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
Super little treats, which make great alternatives to traditional sweets and truffles. Don't go overboard though as they contain a lot of xylitol and if you're not used to it xylitol can have a mild laxative effect.
- Grind the Total Sweet to a fine powder in a coffee grinder/nut mill. This step is optional but makes for a finer-textured truffle.
- Mix together the chocolate powder and Total Sweet.
- Add the vanilla extract, nut butter and chestnut puree.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients, either by hand or in a food processor.
- Add the water, a little at a time, until you’ve got a doughy consistency that can easily be rolled into balls.
- Roll the mixture into balls and coat in Total Sweet or chocolate powder.
Tip: You can flavour these truffles – orange for instance works really well. Some supermarkets stock orange flavouring, otherwise use a few drops of orange essential oil. You can also experiment with spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne or chili.
*Chestnut puree can be bought from selected delis, supermarkets and health food shops. Check that it is sugar free before buying.