900g rhubarb – sliced
500g raspberries – fresh or frozen
1.35kg Total Sweet Xylitol
Spring means rhubarb, and this simple Rhubarb & Raspberry Jam recipe not only tastes amazing, but takes less than an hour to go from the garden to the jar.
- Cook the rhubarb in the water at a low temperature until tender
- Add the raspberries and cook until they’re soft
- Add the Total Sweet and stir, do not be tempted to turn up the heat until thoroughly dissolved. Make sure every bit of xylitol is dissolved - including any on the side of the pan or spoon, if not the jam can crystalise when it cools later.
- Once dissolved bring the jam quickly to boil and boil hard until setting point is reached, approximately 20/25 minutes
- To test for setting put a small amount of jam on a cold plate and leave for a minute – if the jam wrinkles when you push a finger gently across the top the jam is ready. Don’t forget to take the pan off the heat whilst you are testing!
- Skim off any scum and pour into warm, sterilised jars.