For the base:
450g pitter dates
2 tbsp gluten-free oats
2 tbsp chia seeds
For the filling:
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp Total Sweet xylitol
1 cup of almond milk
1 tin of pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp agar agar powder
Enjoy this deliciously sweet pumpkin pie, created by The Healthy Beard. It's a great Autumn recipe and a fab way to use up any left over pumpkin.
Method for the base:
- Place the dates, chia seeds and walnuts into a powerful food processor/blender and pulse/blend until you achieve a gooey consistency.
- Place cling film onto the bottom of a tart dish (if you have one with a loose bottom simply grease it with some coconut oil), with wet hands spread the base mixture evenly onto the tart dish (wetting your hand will allow easier spreading).
- Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
Method for the filling:
- Using a small pan, melt some coconut oil at medium/low heat, add the almond milk and xylitol and stir.
- Add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon and agar agar powder and simmer on low heat until the filling begins thickening up (stirring constantly).
- When you notice the filling is becoming thicker and creamier, remove from the hob and transfer to the top of the base.
- Wait for the tart to cool down before placing it in the fridge, once it cools down place in the fridge for approximately 1-2 hours before serving.
- The cling film will help you pull the tart from the dish.
- Slice and enjoy!