2 cooking apples Unpeeled but cored
Finely chopped orange zest
2 tsp ground mixed spice
1 heaped tbsp Total Sweet Xylitol, or to taste
1 heaped tbsp raisins
Oil or butter for greasing
Sweetly spiced, soft apples make a warming pudding which is also extremely healthy,being high in fibre and vitamin C and low in fat. Serve with a dollop of low fat Greek yoghurt if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 150C fan/300F/Gas 2.
- Place the cored apples upright in a lightly greased, ovenproof dish.
- Stir the orange zest and juice together with the mixed spice, Total Sweet and raisins. Taste and adjust the flavour and sweetness if necessary, then spoon into the centre of the apples.
- Rub the outsides of the apples with a little butter then cover the dish with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Very carefully remove the foil, spoon any syrup back into the centre of the apples and cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until the apples are soft when pierced but not collapsing.