This stunning dish was created for Total Sweet Xylitol by The Food Effect Doctor (https://www.thefoodeffect.co.uk/) as side dish for a festive meal, but, with summer approaching, it also makes a delicious #vegan light lunch. Hopefully the sun will shine this weekend and we can enjoy its fresh and exciting flavours.
Serves 2 as a main course, 4 as a side dish
• 170g uncooked red quinoa (or regular white quinoa)
• 1 ripe avocado, diced
• 1 small ripe mango, peeled and diced
• 80g pomegranate seeds
• 20g pistachio nuts, shelled
• 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
• A few handfuls of spinach or salad leaves
For the dressing
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 2 tsp low sodium soya sauce
Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions. Allow to cool slightly. Put all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Add to the salad, and toss well to coat.