An alternative springtime recipe for a lemon drizzle cake, sent in by Tammy. Perfect for a treat this Easter weekend. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 75ml melted butter / coconut oil
- 140g Total Sweet xylitol
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Rind of 2 lemons finely grated (unwaxed)
- 275g self- raising flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 225g plain yogurt
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 50g Total Sweet xylitol
100g frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180c/ gas 4
- Line 2 one pound tins with parchment
- Wash lemons and rind using a microplane if possible
- Add butter/ coconut oil, Total Sweet, eggs, vanilla and rind into a large bowl. Mix well for 1 minute
- Add flour and baking powder and yogurt and mix until just combined ( over beaten mixture will be tough)
- Turn into lined tins and top with blueberries if desired.
- Bake for 40 mins or until a skewer/ toothpick comes out without any mixture clinging.
- Squeeze lemon juice into small bowl, stir in TotalSweet and drizzle over cakes while still hot.
- Serve for dessert with low fat crème fraiche as a sweet treat with tea.