A few people have asked us for a buttermilk pancake recipe, which uses xylitol. So here it is...
- 350g/12oz self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Total Sweet xylitol
- 200ml/7fl oz buttermilk
- 400ml/14fl oz semi-skimmed milk
- 2 free-range eggs
- 85g/3oz unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for frying
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and Total Sweet xylitol.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, milk, eggs and butter. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Do not overbeat.
- Melt a small knob of butter in a large frying pan. Using a ladle, pour some batter into the pan to make a pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for about a minute, or until the underside is golden brown and the top is bubbling. Turn them over and cook for another minute. Keep the pancakes warm in a very low oven while you cook the remaining batter.
- Enjoy topped with fruit and a sprinkle of Total Sweet.