2 large free range egg whites
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cream of tartar
200g of powdered Total Sweet Xylitol To make this put the Total Sweet in a food blender for a few minutes
We made these for the first time for the Cake and Bake show in September and they were a huge hit with everyone and are a brilliant alternative to sugar loaded sweets.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper
- In a bowl whisk together the egg whites and salt until foamy
- Add the cream of tartar and continue to beat until soft peaks form
- Add in the Total Sweet a little at a time and continue to beat for around 8 minutes
- Place in a piping bag and pipe a small meringue, about the size of a 2p piece, at a time onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving a little peak on the top of each kiss
- Bake for an hour and a half in the pre heated oven
- Once cooked, turn off the heat and allow to cool in the oven, with the door open, overnight (for 8-12 hours). Please be careful with the oven door open!
- Peel the kisses off the sheet and store in an airtight container