3 tbsp Total Sweet Xylitol
75g plain wholemeal flour
50g butter softened
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 medium egg yolk
Finely chopped zest of an orange and juice of a quarter of an orange
Chewy, nutty little mouthfuls, rich enough that one is enough when you're craving something sweet. The wholemeal flour and Total Sweet Xylitol make these a much healthier option than standard sweet biscuits.
1. Preheat a fan based oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
2. Line a baking tray with baking powder.
3. Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine into a smooth dough.
4. Break the dough into pieces and roll into balls, each slightly smaller than a walnut. Place the balls onto the baking sheet and flatten slightly with a fork.
5. Bake for around 10 minutes until just turning golden then remove from the oven, place on a wire rack and allow them to cool and harden. Store in an airtight container.